lunes, 6 de diciembre de 2021

Things I am familiar with

  • The taste of English Breakfast tea, with sugar & milk
  • My red Saramago cup
  • My blooming violets: pink, dark pink, light pink, light purple, red and white, burgundy, violet and white
  • My pink laptop
  • My grey sweat pants/pjs
  • The blue pewter kettle where I warm up water for my tea
  • The framed photograph of my tía Olga hanging on the wall of my studio
  • My fridge and its slightly disruptive sound, on & off & on & off
  • What's left of my brown and blue china from Capula, which my husband and I bought together and I kept after the divorce (He kept the yellow living room sofa)
  • My blue PaperMate pen (I can't get black ones lately.)
  • The mirror in my bathroom, though not always my reflection on it
  • My old car, my almost 30-year-old faithful Antuanito
  • My contact lenses, although I don't use them anymore (Sometimes I forget I don't.)
  • The sound of the supermarket fans, below my balcony
  • The very old jacaranda at the end of the garden, next to the swimming pool
  • The smell of incense
  • The smell of toast
  • The taste of tortilla de papa
  • The softness of my cat's fur
  • The soothing vibrations when she purs next to me
  • The voice of my son
  • His unbecoming feet
  • My (second) small pink camera
  • The books on the bookcases in my studio
  • The small white mirror I bought in Lisbon with a verse by Pessoa
  • The embroidered cushion sitting on the couch, where my late Ñaña used to nap
  • My reading glasses
  • The (awful) sound of the leaf blower
  • The way the sky smells before releasing rain
  • The sound of the voice of Leontyne Price, her name, the way my father worshipped her


a familiar corner at home



No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario