miércoles, 24 de junio de 2015

for dpr


with love & gratitude

I have kind of a double or triple PhD on failed romantic love — like an addiction to Romeo & Juliet type of stories, with not such a tragic ending fortunately, but with a series of shattering-heart experiences. And it seems that whenever I am in the middle of such a story I get the blessing of being in the presence of my teacher and I get to ask him for his advice on the matter. (If I were a better student, I would ask about my practice, I guess...) He has always been the most patient listener and he has helped me in my aspiration to bring my romantic fortunes and misfortunes to the path: rejoicing whenever possible, or preventing an encounter when that was the best option, or encouraging me to keep working in the realm of desire when I wanted to run away to a cave. One of his most precious instructions to me was to practice loving, open and relaxed relationships with the aspiration to transform my habitual patterns of relating to family and friends. I am still trying and he has never given up on me.


happy birthday, rinpoche!










No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario